After much deliberation, here are the save-the-dates that we made for our wedding.
|The blue paper, font and photobooth pictures were the starting point|
|Green accents and a geometric theme rounded out the design.|
I'm looking at these after more than two years since they were made, and I still love them. That's a good sign, I think. There are several lessons that I learned from making these that made my formal wedding invitations much easier to make.
+The colors matched the whole wedding theme. We went with a color family (from peacock to teal to bright green) vs. choosing two distinct colors
+The photobooth theme was personal and unique
+They took care of business (shared the deets, got people pumped up for our wedding)
-There were 13 pieces of paper that needed to be cut and glued to make one save-the-date. So to make 75 of them, well, you can do the math...
Here are some of the details of how we made these:
The Font: Stereofidelic
That awesome blue paper: I happened to find it at Target, but you can find it here, too.
The rest of the materials were complied based completely on color. I used a lot of paint chips which are totally free. It was easy to look for the exact color you want and then grab a bunch of paint chips. I was able to carry around "my colors" with me all the time and then cut them up and use then when I was ready.